WINNIPEG: Sarah Klassen's Monstrance has received a 2013 Word Award.The annual writing awards, sponsored by The Word Guild, celebrate the best in Canadian writing in periodicals, anthologies, and books by authors who write from a Christian worldview.
Born in Manitoba’s Interlake, Sarah Klassen learned at an early age to appreciate both birdsong and nature’s silence. An accomplished poet and fiction writer, she has won the Gerald Lampert Memorial Award (Journey to Yalta), the High Plains Award for Fiction (A Feast of Longing), the Canadian Authors Association Award for Poetry (A Curious Beatitude), and the National Magazine Gold Award for Poetry. Her work has been nominated for the McNally Robinson Book of the Year Award, the Margaret Laurence Award for Fiction, and the Aqua Lansdowne Prize for Poetry. Her latest collection of poetry is Monstrance (Turnstone Press). Klassen lives in Winnipeg.
- A Celebration of Poetry with Joanne Epp and Sally Ito
- Sarah Klassen guest at Leonard Neufeldt reading
- On the Same Page Nominees Event -- Sarah Klassen to read from The Wittenbergs
- Cast your vote for The Wittenbergs - On the Same Page
- The Wittenbergs and Manitoba Butterflies Finalists for 2014 High Plains Awards