"What You Get at Home is a collection of 15 very satisfying short stories by Winnipeg author Dora Dueck. ...Perhaps the most poignant of the stories is 'My Name Is Magdalena.' A woman attends a writing class but writing a story brings back so many tragic memories – of moving from Ukraine to east of the Urals, then back again, and then, during World War II, having to flee with three young sons before the advancing Germans. This woman’s heartbreaking story deserves a whole book."
- Klassen and Dueck-Winnipeg and Mennonite World Review
- Dora Dueck's What You Get at Home wins High Plains Book Award for the Short Story category
- Patti Grayson and Dora Dueck In Dialogue in Gimli, MB
- Turnstone eBooks Now Available
- Karen Dudley and Dora Dueck Shortlisted for the 2013 High Plains Awards